I have known of Free My Apps for a long while but couldn’t get access to it (or I at least thought I couldn’t until recently)
See my blog post regarding changing country AppStore to the USA store for this phenomenal service to be achievable. HERE
View a YouTube video of the WEBAPP for FreeMyApps at the end of this post
So, how does Free My Apps work?
The gist of it is that you download apps from sponsors listed on the site (like Marvel War Of Heroes) and earn points to redeem gift cards (like Amazon & iTunes)
Here’s a step by step guide on how it works –
1) Visit FreeMyApps on mobile Safari
2) Install the device profile when it prompts you (We were wary of this step but assumed it was for verifying that you’ve downloaded the app)
3) Download an app from the “Sponsored Apps” part of the site (it’ll redirect you to the App Store)
4) Launch the app and keep it open for at least 30 seconds (we just left the apps there for 30 seconds but the goal of the sponsors is probably for people to start using the app within that time)
5) Go back to Free My Apps and refresh the page for you points to load in.
6) Once you have enough points for a gift card of your choosing amount (from $1 to $50) go to the “Gifts” section of the site and select it.
7) Refer your friends and receive 200 points per referral (Your friend must download and launch an app for 30 seconds).
It’s super easy!
Note that you’ll need to have a US iTunes account (Follow THIS to change which AppStore you use) to participate in this promotion and also an iOS device running iOS 4 and up. Did it work for you? What apps did you get? Let us know in the comments!