First things first, how odd to go Windows 8, Windows 8.1 then Windows 10. Maybe they class 8.1 as Windows 9. What are your thoughts on this? Let me know in the comments!
The overall feel with regards to the Windows 10 design is good. The removal of “Metro” is probably the best move so far!
- Start Button = Start Menu that we all love. Quick Search straight from hitting the Start button is something I used a TON in all versions of Windows. Windows 8/8.1 just slowed me down a tad by loading the full screen ass-wipe “Metro” interface.
- Performance seems as good as Windows 8.1. No lag issues in the interface/Start Menu etc.
- My GFX drivers work. This shouldn’t have been a surprise for me as the build classes itself as Windows 8.1 compatibility wise.
Worst Bits:(All things that will obviously be fixed throughout the Tech Preview/Beta Process)
- Bitdefender refused to install. Throwing some error about not being able to extract setup files or something.
- Pointless Search icon on taskbar?? Don’t see the need for it when you can just hit the start button via Keyboard or Mouse and search straight from there.
You can download the Windows 10 (Windows Technical Preview) iso here:
Hit “Get Started” and you can be up and running the new build in no time!!
NO CD KEY REQUIRED 🙂
So, in conclusion it’s a step in the right direction and I cannot wait to see how it all pans out with the updates!!
Will you be updating to Windows 10? Do you love/hate what they’ve done to Windows?
Comment below your thoughts!!